Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stabilization Day 2 - Suffering the Consequences

Morning weigh in
Me : 72kg. PS after major disposal I am 71.3kg.
MrM : 83kg

Let me tell you why.

After not eating rice for a good 40 days, I indulged two tablespoons of rice. And a small bowl of mee goreng. Two pieces of chicken from the asam pedas, two of my sister's telur itik masak lemak, three pieces of my kuih pandan bakar, two three pieces of cut pineapple, two tahu sumbat, what can I say? Macam loading instead of stabilization.

I noticed that having rice after so long of not having rice, my upper abdomen is the first to feel the effects i.e. Becomes thicker, of course.

I will refrain from rice. After all that dieting, I certainly can do without rice. Yesterday was an irrational exuberance, to borrow a term used by Alan Greenspan to describe the state of capital markets prior to the financial crisis.

In reading Arlin's, MDS, and Jai's blogs, they have been so disciplined with the Maintenance protocol, whereas I have been indulging liberally, just avoiding starch mainly and a bit too frequent indulgence of kuih kuih bazaar Ramadhan.

This is indeed a wake-up call to change my attitude towards food. Enough is enough.

No comments: