Sunday, July 31, 2011

Maintenance Day 8 and 9

Nothing much to update. I am still fluctuating +- 500 gms while MrM despite eating more than me is still at 82.4kg.

Last night was a kenduri tahlil at my house. Just us adik beradik and nephews and nieces, and grandnephew and grandnieces. You know what it is like with us Negri folks and our preparation for fasting month. Lemang, sup tulang, rendang the whole works. If anything, these are the foods that I can't, no matter what, resist. My eldest sister cooked ayam masak cili API with young jackfuit, I made ayam goreng berempah, my sister in law rendered a version of North Indian chicken, oh I forgot, I made my cendol jelly and eldest sister made bubur kacang for dessert. Not to mention MrM's Sup tulang.

How lah like this? I know at maintenance phase sugar is a no-no but I succumbed to one piece of kuih seri muka. And two pieces of cendol jelly. It was good while it lasted. And I am paying for this by adding on 500gms today.

I read about other friends journeys to weight loss and I really do admire them for their perseverance. I decided to do 18 days as a start simply because I know myself and do not think 30 or 40 days would be sustainable for me.

At this weight I have another 8kg to go to get to a healthy BMI. That is my target. Beyond that, to go a bit farther another 2 or 3 kg, has to be R3. I think it is important for me to do some toning exercises since my arms and thighs look flabby even with a 6kg loss. And at a weight 8kg less, I do have to buy a new wardrobe. My baju kurung are mostly hand sewn is just hanging on me and looks hideous. I could probably wear my jeans still with a belt. Oh well, what is to look forward to but new outfits, right?

Btw, my sister in law mentioned about the diet that Kate Middleton went through to get to be that slim on her wedding day. Not much difference, mostly proteins and veggies.

No comments: